Sunday 25 July 2010

IS IT THE IRISH IN ME?


The Old Girl scoffed at my lunch today. I made myself a mashed potato, cheese, tomato and relish toasted sandwich. It didn't look like much but tasted delicious. My liking for potato is much greater than hers. My ancestry is West coast Scottish on my father's side and Irish on my mother's (with a bit of English thrown in). The Old Girl's ancestry is East coast Scottish from Aberdeen.
I suggested that she should eat a salted cod, oats and seagull sandwich (I had to duck).

3 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

That mixture sounds really tasty. Any mix with bacon, mash and cheese is good.
Anytime I make mashed spuds, I always like adding extra butter, cream, salt and pepper, with just a trace of mustard.

Nice to know you have some Scottish ancestry, but I would recommend Herring in Oatmeal with new potatoes for someone from the East Coast. But don't forget, if they're from Aberdeen, DO NOT ASK THEM TO PAY.
Trying to get money from anyone with Aberdonian blood in them can be dangerous to life and limb.

Anonymous said...

"Trying to get money from anyone with Aberdonian blood in them can be dangerous to life and limb"

I have a stepson like that, and he lives in Lower hutt!

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I made myself a mashed potato, cheese, tomato and relish toasted sandwich."
What a Dumpfbacke schnoodle noodle Irishman!