Saturday 18 September 2010

STORMY WEATHER

Ethel Waters
"Don't know why, there's no sun up in the sky
Stormy weather..."

We didn't get the worst of the storm that has battered the country but yesterday, last night and today it has been pretty windy. Last night, as the wind shook the house I was reminded of a couple of months ago when one of our neighbours lost their roof (we still have some of their furniture stored in one of our spare bedrooms). I was thinking (not praying Second), "please don't lift the roof". Fortunately we suffered no damage. The storm delivered some welcome seaweed on the shore across the road which I collected and put on the garden. The recent Christchurch earthquake and this major storm reminds me of how vulnerable we are to the forces of nature. In times of crisis often people show their best sides and band together to help others. It has been reported from Nuova Lazio that the severe thunderstorm yesterday rendered high school students insensible and sent them back to primeval states. It would be nice to think that if a fireball hit the school that they would have helped each other. Wishful thinking? Probably. Today's newspapers carried the stories of how despicable some people in this country behave - a cat left inside a cardboard box on a motorway - some scrotes shining laser beams into the eyes of oncoming drivers on another motorway (hey!. Those scrotes got chased by the police and two of them are now dead. Second, maybe there is 'divine' justice after all).

3 comments:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Yes, though I wouldn't call it divine justice, I'd just call it "They got what they deserved"

Oh,
I suddenly became precognisant;
I predict that second or another of the4 God-botherers will say in exceeding pious tones:
Not Divine Justice,
only
Divine Love

Angry Jesus said...

Curmudgeon, I prefer to say 'Divine Love'.
Why aren't you attending church? I think TSB (not the arena, the Scotsman) has got up early this morning so that he can come and worship me. Why not see the light and do the same?

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"Angry Jesus said...
Curmudgeon, I prefer to say 'Divine Love'."


See, I was right.