Friday 2 September 2011

BIG HEADS


Big heads. We've all met them. Those types that because of positions of power, media exposure or some accomplishment think that they are so much better than anyone else. As I've got older it bothers me less and less unless it is some wanker who has ripped off the community like those tossers who were jailed yesterday for fraud ( and whose lawyers had the gall to say "M'lud, my client(s) are truly sorry for what they have done". Lawyers. They deserve a post on their own). No,  nowadays they don't concern me much but when I was working I admit I used to be irked. Last night I saw one on TV who irks me. It was Jayne Kiely the one time athlete and too long media 'personality'.

Years ago when I was living in Christchurch and used to commute every week to Auckland I was a regular on Air New Zealand. I remember on one occasion going to my seat which was a regular one I booked about three or four down on the aisle (more legroom). Ms Kylie was sitting in it. I told her that she had the wrong seat to which she indicated the middle one next to her and suggested that I sit there. I said no as I had especially booked the aisle one. She huffed and scowled and with bad grace moved over (to the seat that she had booked). A short while afterwards a cabin crew member came along and said that they had an upgrade seat for me in business class. Now this is a one hour and twenty minute flight so I didn't need business class so suggested that the celebrity Ms next to me could have it to which she did in fact bolt to. The guy in the window seat  looked over to me and said "good riddance". I smiled and we settled down for the flight. Now this was in the late 1990's and I still think of this when I see JK on TV. She has not left me with a favourable impression.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing by turning the other cheek; pun unintended.
Wf rultio