Monday 26 September 2011

MY '70'S MUSIC

The Old Girl went to Auckland today. While I'm going to miss her (I will go to Auckland myself on Wednesday), it gives me a chance to do things that are usually forbidden. I'll spare you the unsavoury details but share with you that I can play my "70's Music" that she doesn't have an affinity for. Tonight I have left the TV off (all crap anyway) and dug out some old favourites. I just played Hot Tuna's 1970 album Hot Tuna. Great with a half bottle of 2004 Penfolds Kalimna Shiraz. Here is a a taste of the album with Hesitation Blues.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Brother Chris plays stuff very similar to that. In fact, he's done that tune a few times and has a guitar style that is very similar.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I'm not surprised that she's off to Auckland if you're playing that stuff.

Is Auckland far enough away?

Wouldn't Stewart Island be more suitable?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Hey TSB, that's the blues!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I know the JAFFA's rugby team is called the Blues. I'm not a complete idiot.