Thursday 8 September 2011

GOING DOWN (OR IS THAT UP?)

National Party indication as to where we can go


I'm going down to Auckland tomorrow to meet up with The Old Girl and to drive her back up North on Saturday.
We will watch whatever we can see of the World Cup Rugby opening and fireworks display on Friday night. Going by today's news reports it will be too crowded at the Viaduct and Queen's Wharf area. We will hopefully see the fireworks from the apartment in Mount Street (that bloody awful Sky Tower is well in sight from there) or go to the top of the Old Girl's work building (ASB tower). We are not going to the opening game but will catch up on the 'buzz' at a wine bar somewhere.
I have planned on arriving at about 4PM but now am worried at a total traffic gridlock.


I remember when there was that helicopter and plane crash in Auckland when the aircraft fell onto the motorway at 'spaghetti-junction'. Nothing moved for hours.
At least if I do get stuck I hope that that bullying bastard Tau Henare might try and muscle his way in front of me and give me the finger. Not that the female complainant has been a pushover but he just might find that he can't bully men the way he obviously bullies women.

'Get out of the way. I'm driving here"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ich verstehe nicht!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Okay Rob, the saying everything via a translation site thing is getting a bit tiresome.