Wednesday 29 October 2014

FAST FOOD



Living on my own it becomes a bit of a chore cooking every night.
I like cooking and think I do a good job. We used to take turn about but for the last year as The Old Girl was working and I wasn't I did all the cooking. This current year as she's on her own in Canada and I'm here we have to fend for ourselves.

Cooking for two is easier than cooking for one as the portions are easier to manage.

I haven't quite got the portions right for cooking for one and always make too much.




I freeze the remainder of course but get a bit tired of reheating something out of the freezer.

Living in the central city is a plus though as there are plenty of options within easy walking distance whether dining or takeaways. Although there are no decent, old-fashioned fish 'n' chip shops - see here:

http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/because-its-friday-for-phuks-sake.html

there are plenty of burger places.


Burger Fuel at the top of Queen St is good. I like the different combinations they offer and the quality is great.

I think I'll have one tonight.




2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Me too. The fish and ship across the road makes amazing fish burgers.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Makes sense - a ship having access to fish.