Tuesday 10 October 2017

JUST FOR ROBERT

 Robert, I'm reading a book -  (on my iPad that I've downloaded free using Overdrive which I've mentioned before - that you might be interested in.

The writer is Robert Harris who is one of my favourites. He is an exceptional writer (good speller and his grammar is impeccable*) and has written across several genres - WW2, Thriller, History plus non-fiction historical writings.
He wrote Fatherland, Enigma, Archangel, Pompeii (plus other Roman era novels), An Officer and A Spy, Ghost, plus other great stuff. I really recommend him.

I'm waiting for his latest release (on Overdrive) - Munich about the Munich Agreement but downloaded his second to last novel The Conclave which I've been reading on the bus from Auckland to Whangarei. It's a novel about the death (maybe suspicious) of a pope and the conclave of cardinals who are to elect the next pope. Lots of really interesting church history here and it is disturbing. Harris is a serious writer not like that tosser Dan Brown who tried to create conspiracy theories about the cCatholic church and the Illuminati.




I hope that you can track this down.






* And he doesn't write poetry.