Friday 14 September 2018

APROPOS OF NOTHING


I've been watching the latest fiascoes from Trump's presidency this evening and, as I'm sure you've seen, this idiot, as reported in the latest expose - the Op-Ed in the New York Daily News, when talking with architects about plans for the Trump Tower in NYC Trump tried to reject regulatory plans for having buttons in the lifts to cater to blind people for having mandatory Braille buttons.

This reminded me of a conversation I had with a flatmate when living in a flat (a shared accommodation) in Wellington in the 1970s.

ME: Yes, I really do have poor eyesight. If I don't have my glasses on I can't see clearly.

HER: OK, but how do you make love?

ME: I use Braille.

HER: (no intelligible answer - she just cracked up laughing).


1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good answer, except 'making love' was a very rare event for any of us back then.