Thursday 20 September 2018

BUSY BUSY BUSY


I had the busiest day today from the standpoint of busy days.

Donald Trump has reinvented the concept of hyperbole so I feel that I can employ it as well as per his interpretation:




No doubt Robert could benefit from this usage to describe his 'busy' days at work which seems to involve:


  • Spying on people he thinks are spying on him (I hope that he wears his aluminium foil hat when he's indulging in this paranoiac exercise).
  • Listening to podcasts through his smartphone.
  • Liberating pop up toasters and cooking up sugary toast.
  • Discussing (gossiping) with fellow christians about what god got up to on the weekend.
  • Hiding in his cupboard.
  • Composing music.
  • Writing poetry.
  • Planning blog posts.
  • Dreaming up witty comments for other blog posts.
  • Sitting in non-catholic churches and looking for god ("Where's god? there's no tabernacle here - strange!)

*****************

Oh yes .... my day.
Well, from the standpoint of a lazy old bastard I had quite a busy day today.

I woke at 6.30 (note: this wasn't planned as the alarm was set for 7.30 but the cat, even though she's about 20 which is 140 in human years and she should know better, hasn't worked out that as it gets closer to Summer the dawn occurs earlier, came in to the bedroom to announce that she was awaiting her breakfast).

After a cup of tea, ablutions that I won't go into here (this isn't a Richard of RBB post after all) and catching up with all of the overnight news I was ready to go off to play tennis.

Too early by an hour. Bugger!

Another cup of tea and a slice of toast while reading a book, listening to Morning Report and doing the Listener crossword filled in the time.

Tennis. It was a nice day and I experimented with my new tennis serve that I learned off the internet which went well.

Off to the gym. I like going to the local gym on 'off hours' because I'm usually the only one there and don't have to suffer the grunts and gyrations of the 'bunnies' and certainly not the godawful music some of them crank up on the stereo system. I just do what I want to do while listening to an audio-book through my phone and earplugs.

Lunch and a bit of a laze around until I remembered that The Old Girl is arriving tomorrow morning so I had to scurry around all afternoon doing housework (she sees through the superficial stuff now so it had to be the real deal on dusting, vacuuming and bathroom cleaning).

I pre-prepared a vegetarian pizza which I'll cook soon (sooner the better as I've imbibed a few chardonnays) and then that's my day -  the busiest day today from the standpoint of busy days.




.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You poor bugger - you make Robert seem lazy? Vegetarian pizza? Cheese, tomato and herbs?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Vegetarian pizza?

Yes cheese herbs potato capsicum artichoke chilli olives but no tomato - basil pesto used instead.

Delicious.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think a tomato is a vegetable.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Tomato is a fruit.