Monday 3 September 2018

BADGES

I'm joining the armed militia*


Tonight I attended a meeting with Neighbourhood Support, Community Patrols of New Zealand, The Police and the Fire Service. It was a local gathering where the various bodies representatives spoke and explained the different ways that they make our community safe. I was inspired and am putting my name forward to join both Neighbourhood Support and Community Patrols of NZ. (CPNZ).
This of course is if they'll have me but as I'm a member of the Civil Defence group I've already been police vetted so I guess I'm halfway there. It will require being interviewed and accepted by CPNZ and then interviewed and approved by Police.

I don't think that they'll give me a gun and you have to buy your own uniform but ...... I'll get a snazzy badge.





NO, NOT THIS ONE







THIS ONE







After radio and other training I'll get to ride around in the patrol car at night keeping an eye out for miscreants.










* Well to be honest it's Community Patrols and they aren't armed.


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

What do you do if you find some big bad guys? Speak sternly to them?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Say to them that we'll tell their mothers.

Robert and the Catholics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
THE CURMUDGEON said...

Your comments have a lot in common with Donald Trump's tweets.