Saturday 25 May 2019

OK I'M DONE

I started the day a bit slow but then, seeing it was a nice day with no wind I decided to get stuck into the garden.
 I spent some time weeding - granny style - on hands and knees pulling out those annoying little weeds and grass that get in between the brickwork on the drive and peek through the laid gravel. Bastards!



After that I decided that I was going to blitz them and other weeds around the property so got out the spray equipment and loaded it up with 'No 8' an aptly named Newzild poison (probably illegal) that needs to be watered down 100 to 1. This means that in the 16 litre canister I have I needed to put in about 160ml of the weedspray. Bugger that I thought in the best Kiwi tradition and just poured a huge dollop in and mixed it with water. I don't know the strength but do know that it was 'beudy'. I kitted out in gloves and a mask and set to work.


Those weeds never knew what hit them.

I finished off by mowing the lawn and now I'm buggered. The water looks lovely and inviting for a dip but I know that it'll be cold and I'm too much of a wimp to try it. I'll have a warm shower instead.

4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes it works out to about 60 ml for a 5 litre spray bottle which is about normal.
But who has a measuring device for such small quantities? The ones they provide always get lost.
I always bet a cap is about 20 ml and add three.

It's like how much oil to add to a 2 stroke engine.
A capful!

THE WINE GUY said...

"A capful!"

No doubt Tony (he of the dropping his school cap in the urinal, retrieving it and wearing it fame) would measure it out in his school cap.

Richard (of RBB) said...

All the neighbours' flowers might die too as your poison treats the surrounding dirt like a big sponge. Did you think of that, Mr Overkill?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes I did think about that and deliberately sprayed under the fences on both sides as the neighbours allow convolvulus and other nasty creepers and weeds to come over to my property. Fuck'em!