Friday 10 May 2019

HOME IS THE SAILOR HOME FROM THE SEA .......






...... AND THE HUNTER HOME FROM THE HILL*


*This is from a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson:


REQUIEM

UNDER the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie:
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you 'grave for me:
Here he lies where he long'd to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill.

 Well, I'm home at last but for full transparency I must admit to not being a sailor and I haven't exactly been at sea although we were staying near to the sea in Napier. As we were staying up on Hospital Hill I guess the last line is apt.

I'm not a hunter though. I loath people who go out with their penis extensions and slaughter animals.

While I was away, as I didn't take the desk-top computer with me I was unable to write and post any blog posts. I was able to read blog posts by other people, on my iPad. For some reason my iPad doesn't recognise me as The Curmudgeon but does grant me access and to comment as The Wine Guy. Funny that. My observations showed that in my absence nothing much happened in our blogging community other than: Richard keeping us up to date with his morning ablution schedule and his dissatisfaction with an Aussi rugby players homophobia and rather childish adherence to some dubious instructions from the bible; and Robert's unsurprising responses to these (the quasi religious stuff, not the personal hygiene updates). Robert has gone on (and on) about catholicism, atheism, true-belief etc etc to the point where I'm sure that he confuses himself in the same way that he confuses us poor readers.

Oh well.

I'M BACK!



Look out for some great updates on my holiday in Hawkes Bay, my travel to and fro and my discoveries on my return to both my residences and adopted towns - Auckland and Whangarei.

Prepare to be gob-smacked.




6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Welcome back. I'm holding my breath on anticipation.

Richard (of RBB) said...

In anticipation.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well don't.

I've just opened a bottle of wine (Rose) and am about to cook my tea,

I don't want you to suffocate in the interim although Robert will say that you can have everlasting life if you would only repent.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I thought we would have had about three posts by now.

THE WINE GUY said...

THe Curmudgeons inc. is about quality not just quantity.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

NEW POST COMING SOON🎆