Wednesday 8 July 2020

IT'S A PANDEMIC STUPID

I flew from Whangarei to Auckland and then from Auckland to Wellington. Both flights were fully booked and the planes were crowded (school holidays).
On the smaller plane from Whangarei I was the only person wearing a face mask. On the trip to Wellington I think there were a couple more wearing them but the overwhelming majority weren't.


Air New Zealand are jam-packing people in at the moment hoping I guess to recoup losses. There is no effort to enforce social distancing, no hand sanitiser available on the planes and no mention of face masks.

How do I know whether that woman pressing up against me had just arrived back from the UK or the guy who coughed in the seat behind me hadn't been on the recently arrived flight with the two confirmed cases of Covid-19 who came from Afghanistan a few days ago?

Are people not wearing face masks because they feel silly or worse, like the fat orange idiot Donald Trump, they feel that it makes them seem weak (and silly). I think that people are not taking this pandemic seriously enough. Airplanes are 'petri-dishes' in that captive passengers, in a small enclosed space, are rebreathing and ingesting all sorts of micro-organisms and germs.

WHO warns against airborne COVID-19






1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

When I saw that last heading I thought you meant that the rock band The Who was doing the warning.