Tuesday 21 July 2020

UMMM- TUESDAY I THINK

It was a busy day for me today.

I didn't play silly buggers and stage my own concert-for-one like some people. No, I got on with serious stuff.

First thing I took the trailer into town to pick up a set of attic steps for installation in the ceiling.


I did this while the builders cut a hole in the ceiling and prepared for installation.


The steps are now in place, folded in the ceiling. They come down nice and smooth by using a pole with a hook. Tomorrow the builder will finish off with architrave and painting so - all good.

*********************

While the builders were installing the steps I got on with the newsletter for the old folks organisation. This looks pretty good and was embellished by The Old Girl who is a bit of an expert in this sort of thing. I only got stressed out once when: in the middle of doing the newsletter the electrician was here having problems on the phone with the power provider; the builders were making a hell of a racket (and mess); and friend Rod turned up for a chat and a nosey. I threw him out of course, helped the electrician who was fixing the hot water situation, manhandled the bloody trailer back into its position at the back of the house (munting my back in the process) and assisted the builders. They finished up about 5PM. The electrician got the hot water going again by by-passing a few things and said he'd arranged for the power provider to come and replace some old and dodgy electrical gizmos (sorry about the technical jargon). I thought that maybe they'd come a few weeks hence but, at 5.30 a nice young man turned up and fixed the problematic gizmo - no charge.
The Old Girl and I have a bit of a laugh at the 'young man' thing as policemen, service people, doctors, nurses, lawyers and accountants (not teachers) all seem to be getting much, much younger nowadays.



********************

The bit of deck outside the kitchen is finished and looks great.



It's a big improvement on the old one.


I'm about to prepare my dinner - Piccante chicken, rice and vegetables and am looking forward to a relaxing and therapeutic soak in the bath if the water heats up sufficiently.

So, how was your day?

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

I had heard you had a big deck, but not so big when the hot water fails.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Why do you want to get up in the attic?
Is there some satanic port hole to hell up there?