Sunday 28 July 2024

SUNDAY AND ALL'S WELL

 I took advantage of another lovely day, as tomorrow it's forecast for rain again, and did some outdoor jobs like raking up all the flax, yucca fronds and branches that the previous storms deposited. I've got nearly a full trailer-load now so, weather permitting mid-week will take to the tip.

I'll probably write a post about this because Richard likes reading  about it - well, he does mention it a lot.

I played 9 holes of golf this afternoon so won't need to go for a walk. The way I play golf, criss-crossing the fairways mean that I probably walk 5kms doing the 9 holes.

After a shower I'm now enjoying a glass of Champagne (Palmer rose). I'll have another later before dinner. I opened the bottle last night and, with the glasses we use get 4 glasses out of a 750ml bottle.

Dinner will be the salmon, prawns and zucchini in pastry dish I've made before.


Well, that's all. I just wanted to let you know. There's no other news from up north really.

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

So, are you expecting comments?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I don't respond to comments made by people who start the sentence with 'so'.
What's next? 'Literally'?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I wasn’t involved in the ram raid and, while Lynn will have involvement in the new highway project it won’t be part of my activities so - there’s no other news from up north really.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I had the second half of the pie for my dinner this evening with potato and potato mash. Yummy!
Here's a tip for reheating pastry.
Normally we use the oven, as microwave warming is no good as it renders the pastry soggy.
Using the oven for a small piece of pie is extravagant though so, tonight, I used the air fryer.
A low setting (150 degrees) for 10 minutes was perfect. The inside of the pie was the right temperature and the pastry outer crisp without being burnt or dried up. I'll definitely use this method in the future.