Wednesday 3 July 2024

WEDNESDAY IN WHWANGAREIIT

 It's bloody cold today - 11 degrees - brrr!

I took The Old Girl to the airport at 5am this morning as she's off to Auckland for a couple of days. It was dark. And cold.

I'd put the golf clubs in the car intending to play a few holes on the way home. When I stopped at the golf club it was still dark. And still cold. I continued on to home.

I've put the lounge heat pump on to take the chill off the house a bit. That reminds me - I plan to research the electricity usage over the last couple of years in preparation for a battle discussion with the electricity provider Greypower. The last two months bills have been $228 and $250 when the normal monthly bill is about $180. Somethings going on and it hasn't been extra appliances. Sheesh!

I can do my computer research and correspondence in the study today and tomorrow. Yee-haw! If you readers are lucky I might even pump out a few extra posts as well. I trust that these will be better received than Richard's and Robert's posts.



"I just read my grandson Richard's blog. Sheesh! If I'd known this is how he'd turn out I would have become a nun and gone celibate."


5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Somethings going on and it hasn't been extra appliances. Sheesh!"
Something's going on with your grammar too. Jesus!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I thought it was your grandma.*






* As Robert would chuckle.

Carey said...

Robert chuckles. A balmy 11C! It was 10 down here.
That power bill looks good for the middle of winter. Maybe the not so old girl was running the heater in her/your office.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, the pricks have put the price up per kw unit and added in new service costs. I think I’ll compare with other providers.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'd have written more posts today but a mean old alien man wrote a disparaging comment about my grammar even though, like Trump, I'd done nothing wrong. It was a perfect telephone call ... sorry, post.