Saturday 11 March 2017

NO CHAIRS BLEW OVER IN THE STORM




I know that Richard will be relieved. He's a bit OCD and gets obsessed about some things so it's good that he won't have to worry about this.

We've had days of being rain and wind lashed. On Thursday we had an all day thunder and lightning storm. The thunderclaps were so strong and so close that they actually shook the foundations of the house. The cat disappeared and I later found her in one of the wardrobes.

Being house-bound I'm suffering from a bit of cabin fever. I've dug out Gravity's Rainbow to read again. It's excellent but can be hard going - just the thing for rainy days.





It seems to have abated at the moment but who knows, it's likely to bucket down again soon. As long as we don't get high winds I don't mind.

The Old Girl arrived back in Auckland from the US this morning. She reports that everything is OK in the apartment which is good. I had visions of the windows having been blown in. She might have to boil the water though according to the news reports. I don't think that Tony's farm's been washed away yet and Mike, even though his nearby streets are under water hasn't been wave boarding yet like some of his neighbours.

Anyway go well ....... oops, sorry I just heard that the storm is making its way south to Wellington.



2 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yeah, bit of a wash! No big deal.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Got me out of having to work on a shed today. Thank you rain.