Tuesday 9 August 2022

OLD RAGE

There's probably nothing sillier than a young curmudgeon.

Too young and it's just a spoilt brat throwing a tantrum, and any age through to late middle age is just sulky miserableness.

Now that I've turned 70 I feel that I've earned the right to complain about things that annoy me and can compare modern things unfavourably to the undeniably better things of the past.

That is of course if I can last the distance for a few more years.

Robert wants to kibosh that as in a comment on my last post he said (under the name of Bob):

Talk about being a jinx or a storm crow .



There are many things now that annoy me and no doubt there'll be a hell of a lot more to come.

Just today I can think of:

  • Gangs of teenagers and younger kids ram-raiding shops and stealing things of lesser value than the stolen vehicles they destroy and the premises they damage. The long term outcome for this will be boarded up premises creating a siege-like mentality in the community.
  • Conspiracy theorists and Covid deniers refusing to get vaccinated or boosted and not wearing masks in public shops and facilities.
  • Irresponsible dog owners resisting licensing their 'pets' and allowing them to wander and attack people and smaller pets.
  • Christopher Luxon and the useless bunch of acolytes he's trying to gather around him who are proving to be an embarrassment - like Sam Uffindell.
  • Bikie gangs terrorising people and seemingly getting away with it.
  • The fact that there is so much gun-crime in this country when we were supposed to be removing unlicensed, unwanted and unnecessary firearms and tightening up regulations.
  • Brian Tamaki's use of his Destiny Church as a future political platform taking along the dupes who tithe and buy into his nonsense.

Sam Uffindell: "Follow me boss, the exit's this way."

Yes, there won't be a shortage of things for me to rant over I'm pleased to say.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Stay tuned."

Hey, that's a bit insulting, I keep all my instruments in tune!