Monday 30 August 2010

"WE"RE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THAT BOY WATCHES..."


Richard (of RBB) reminded me in one of his recent posts of the great days of television that we enjoyed when we were younger. Nowadays too much choice is no choice with the numerous channels regurgitating the same old formulaic crap. In the 60's we only had two channels (originally just the one) yet we managed to be satisfied with the offerings. We experienced classic UK comedy, drama and documentary programmes with nary a competitive cooking show in sight. On Sunday afternoons, for a very long time, classic 20's, 30's and 40's musicals were screened. These ranged from the over the top but still fascinating Busby Berkely productions, through the slick and superb Gershwin ones and interspersed with Marx Brothers type spoof ones. Over a period of time we saw them all (and not all of us turned homosexual).

5 comments:

Angry Jesus said...

Are you homosexual Curmudgeon? Please be honest.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Come and visit me Wendy and I'll show you.

Anonymous said...

I agree ( about the TV). It's all about ratings and advertising in the end though. It's very hard to predict what most people want. We've discovered that kiddies out door play units are really popular and sell like gold at garage sales or trade me. Who would guess?
ps It annoys me too when men pose as women. I might ban the Wendy Cunt from my blog.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What???

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"ps It annoys me too when men pose as women. I might ban the Wendy Cunt from my blog."

What?

Dearie me second, that's worth at least 2 eons in Purgatory.

Shit, he's gone again.

Second's blog sites are becoming as ephemeral as good manners.