Saturday 16 October 2010

I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE..


Saturday morning has been bright and sunny with no wind for a change. A call from the tenants of our rental up the road had me going there first thing to repair a broken water line. The Old Girl said I should call a plumber. Oh she of little faith. OK, to be fair I did repair said line a week ago and it failed but only because I put the connecting piece in back to front. I made TOG come with me as plumber's apprentice. She complained at this but it was good company and just as well as when we drove all the way into town to buy a fitting (and where they told me that I had put the other one in back to front), I discovered that I had left my wallet at home. Luckily TOG had her wallet with her and even more luckily she stayed in the car so didn't hear the plumbing world person tell me that I had put the other one in back to front. I told her that it was equipment failure. She gave me a funny look but I think I got away with it. On the way back out to McLeod Bay we went for a coffee at the marina area. Marvellous. Sitting outside enjoying good coffee and watching the boats was nice.

After completing the job we went to Ocean Beach which is close to where we live. We walked along to the end and over the large rock formations to perch above the pounding surf. It was stunningly beautiful made more so by the small islands offshore and the unusual rock formations above. A great place for contemplation on big questions like; do sea-horses have hooves; are crabs bad-tempered; if you fish for fish why don't you meat for meat or vegetable for vegetable. Stuff like that. Back home to have a leisurely afternoon in the garden and on the deck. Magic.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Women don't understand about plumbing things. Keep your little mistakes to yourself. Only tell them about your little fuck ups after they have had at least 3 glasses on Pinot Gris.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

It sounds idylic.
I love my little bit of Godzone, but I/we do miss the sea.
Funnily enough, it's not the visual aspects we miss the most, but the sounds, especially at night. The gentle swishing and roaring.
Have a lovely day