Saturday 16 October 2010

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?

I got the petrol weed eater going today and decided to use that to cut the lawn grass instead of using the #**#** hand mower. This machine makes a much more satisfactory manly noise on a quiet Saturday afternoon. The Old Girl took advantage of the sunshine and hung out washing. Who would have thought that grass clippings would stick to wet sheets? Having noticed this I started to brush the grass off. Hearing the back door opening I quickly removed myself to the other side of the garden kind of like the way Mr Bean did in one of his films, or Peter Sellers did in The Party. 

The Old Girl called out to me not to trim the grass near the washing. I replied 'as if I would'. Who would have thought? "Not a man at any rate" said the Old Girl who just looked over my shoulder as I'm typing this.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Never... I repeat, never write you post with a woman watching. We don't need them to know our little man secrets. When you let TOG watch this, you let us all down.
Do this again and I will inform Angry Jesus. Sorry to come down on you so hard.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Aunty Twisted is going to pay you a visit if you type your post again when TOG is looking.
And she's going to be bringing her trusty 7.62mm.
Don't do it