Friday 29 October 2010

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT SO FAR?.....

.....Ruggish!

I pay my rates. They are bloody expensive. I get some mediocre roading for it. I also get roadside rubbish collection and bottle collection. Hey! I have to pay for the official rubbish bags. Why do I have to pay when I take my rubbish to the transfer station?

I loaded up the trailer with the garden waste that I generated in my gardening blitz last weekend. I drove to the transfer station. I unloaded the trailer (no assistance offered) into the large skips and had to pay $27 for the privilege. No wonder some people just dump their rubbish by the side of the road. Why penalise people who go to the effort to take their rubbish to the proper place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's about right. They even charge you if there is rubbish in your car as well!

I've started leaving all my clippings in an obscure place on my section.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

$27 seems a bit steep. The NZ system of buying these official bags is annoying. I've got s large gully at the end of my section, and every bit of my garden rubbish goes down there, where it rots quietly away. I have no problems about a couple of my neighbours dumping their grass cuttings down there, but I discovered that someone had dumped about 3 bin bags worth of used nappies. Not amused. Mr 7.62mm will not be their friend if I catch who did it.
I was blaming the dog for farting every time the wind blew up from the gully. Feel slightly guilty for kicking it now.