Monday 24 October 2011

A BOX OF BIRDS

A box of birds
That Kiwi expression is very apt this morning as New Zealanders all over the country will be cheerful and in good spirit.

Not a good day for roosters though.


No doubt we will be seeing a lot more of the silver fern flag flying. This was interesting seeing the black flag with the silver fern being waved more than the actual nNew Zealand flag. Is this significant? I think so. For a long time now there has been discussion about changing the flag to something more unique and representative of the country. I'm for that but don't like the black imagery as I don't believe that black defines us as a fresh new place in the Pacific. I'd like to see something along these lines:


Anyway, the win, played with great spirit and the French rising to the occasion so well and creating the nail biting tension of the last few minutes (thank that mythical being that the play was in the French half for the last few minutes) will give the country a real shot in the arm in confidence and hopefully community spirit. Well done those men!

1 comment:

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Nice flag, well animated. It was one of the most physical, gritty games I've ever seen the ABs play.
Bit boring though.
It was like watching England play.
Terribly exciting last 4 minutes though; I may have to go the doctors to get my beloved's fingermarks removed from my thigh. She got a bit over-excited as the AB's maul moved towards the French and was screaming the most unladylike phrases at the TVas she squeezed the muscles off my leg.