Saturday 8 October 2011

HOME ALONE

"You're weird" said the Old Girl, not for the first time.
We were discussing staying in other peoples houses as next week when she goes to Auckland she will be staying with friends as we have rented out our apartment for a couple of weeks. I suggested that she stay in a hotel which elicited the above response.
I feel uncomfortable staying in other people's houses and, in the past, if attending weddings or funerals in other places would choose to stay in a nearby motel. I just like my own space and, it seems that I am not alone. See:

http://introvertzone.com/i-hate-to-spend-the-night-at-other-peoples-houses

I told the Old Girl that I know many people who think like I do including Richard (of RBB).
She responded by saying that Richard likes to have his own toilet with him and we surmised what he would take with him on a road trip and agreed on this:

Richard's caravan


I further suggested that he could go equipped thus:

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

The Old Girl is right about me. I agree totally with the guy on the introvert site - what a wise man!

Anonymous said...

Yes it rings true to me too!
Yet my wife and especially step son are both extroverts who seem to recharge their batteries being in crowds. Though these things are never clear cut.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I agree with you.
I hate staying in other people's houses. I much prefer hotels or motels, but not tents.
My Beloved says it's because I'm such an antisocial bastard.
Seh may have a point.