Saturday 15 October 2011

"YOU ARE BECOMING DISGUSTING IN YOUR OLD AGE" ....

...... said The Old Girl to me this morning as I was heading out for an early morning walk around the bays.
She indicated the T - shirt that I was wearing. The powder blue colour wasn't the object of her derision but the tea stains and remnants of last night's chicken curry were.


"I'm not going to the bloody opera" I remonstrated to no avail as I was ordered back inside to put on a clean navy blue shirt. The shorts (that I had fished out of the washing basket) fortunately went unnoticed.
I was tempted to don a dinner suit and say "there, will that do" but remembered Twisted Scottish Bastard's recent posts of domestic (dis) harmony and ensuing sub-zero atmosphere and held my tongue.
Dinner suit. And not named because it is covered in last night's dinner.

Living out in the sticks has totally changed the way that I dress. Shorts and T-shirt is the norm whether gardening, golfing, kayaking, walking and, when the Old Girl is not around, going ito town to do the shopping or other business.
Moving back to Auckland no doubt will change this back to how I dressed before but I am keen to moderate the change. Business shirt and trousers will, hopefully, be chinos and open necked checkered shirt. Shoes will be loafers and ties will be what, in a pinch, keeps the trousers up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fair enough comment! My darling is a little more descrete... "those jeans are ok for around the house but a bit baggy for going out dear! Second, give me that shirt, I'll iron it!"

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Well done.
If shorts are enough for the ABs, they're good enough for me.

BTW. Temperature is now up to almost -90°C