Saturday 22 October 2011

"LOOK OUT ITS GETTING CROWDED IN THERE"

Oh, oh, its happening again. Richard (of RBB) is using his old alter - egos again and, disturbingly, some new ones.

We explored the problem earlier:

http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=7619654581009531930&postID=4746397140683097999

and after that things seemed to quieten down a bit. Admittedly our subject didn't delete his alter-egos but he did leave them dormant for some time.
I was concerned enough to phone him earlier in the week to enquire as to how he was doing. He wasn't home when I called and I was diverted to an answering device that had the most disturbing sounds imaginable on it. Beneath a low, rumbling, strumming sound came an ethereal voice that said "We cannot come to the phone right now ..." WE? The hairs at the back of my neck rose and I had a bad feeling.
I left a message and thought about the significance of this for a while until he called back. Trying to keep the conversation initially at banter level I eventually brought in the topic of blogs. He said "We haven't been keeping our blogging level up recently as our bass practice is placing a burden on us" WE, OUR, US? This was of concern.Knowing that his head is full of personalities all dangerously vying for attention I decided to mention the seemingly most innocuous one - Anselme.

http://theveryslowblog.blogspot.com/

Richard (for at this stage it was still Richard (of RBB) who was dominant went on a long dialogue of how Anselme was his friend (he said freund), lived in Germany, played in some sort of orchestra that frequented cafes, grew tomatoes and lived a quiet peaceful life. I couldn't help thinking that there was a lot of wishful thinking going on here and that this "Anselme' was the ego Richard would like to be to escape the manic  and aberrant activities of his others. Not wishing to alarm him I pretended to agree that 'Anselme' was real and was a thoroughly good fellow. I confessed to having left a 'Fuck!' comment on 'Anselme's' blog and apologised for my rudeness and said I would remove it which I subsequently did. This seemed to please the old guy and as he was calm thought that this was a good time to end the conversation.
I think that we, as the bus station blogging community should consider an intervention. Perhaps we could get someone to dress up as the fictionalised 'Anselme' to lull him into a feeling of security. Does anyone know of a tall, bald man?

6 comments:

My Spurt said...

Hey Curmudgeon,
I'm a thinking kind of guy and I've had my thinking cap on, so to speak metaphically.
Why not use this guy...
http://richardsbassbag.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-son.html

Bunny Hoskins said...

I've been chewin' the carrot on this one too.
Why not use this guy?
http://richardsbassbag.blogspot.com/2011/10/no-barre-chords-used.html

Bin Hire said...

Good post Curmudgeon. I've wondered about all these characters too. Tell me, is The Wine Guy from Richard's head?

Richard (of RBB) said...

I can never work out why The Wine Comeinyourpants works in the wine industry and The Wine Guy doesn't.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Couldn't agree more Mr TC. Could I suggest an exorcism?

mein name said...

hi there, are you ok?