Thursday 20 October 2011

BRANDED



Does anyone remember the 60's TV series Branded where Chuck Norris Connors was unfairly labelled a coward and drummed out of the army?
Anyway that was my experience today. Not to be branded as a coward but there were aspersions cast on my cleaning abilities. The Old Girl is having a few days holiday and, as she does, checked up on a few things around the house. She actually looked under things and looked up above eye level. Horror of horrors she discovered dust and cobwebs. After a lambasting, in the middle of which I went out and used the weedeater again so am now a bit shaky see: http://grumpyoldmanreturnsnz.blogspot.com/2011/10/thththe-pppppost-mmmmmust-gggget.html
 she telephoned the woman who is the tenant of the other McLeod Bay house we used to own and arranged for her to come in once a week to do some basic housework. Now I know how poor old Chuck felt.

11 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually, it was Chuck Connors. I was able to sing along with the tune - I still know all the words. What a great show! Did Liz break something special of yours in half? Maybe a wine waiter's bottle opener thingy?
Now, wherever you go for the rest of your life, YOU MUST PROVE YOU'RE A MAN.
Good luck in the future.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oops, obviously I meant Lyn. I guess I was just shaken up by hearing that great song again.
Well, it has been a long time.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You meant Lynn.

"Well, it has been a long time."
too much information.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

You poor bastard. i know how you feel. My beloved has just arranged to get a bloke in to do the mowing and the WEEDEATING.
But I'm being left to weed manually.

She's taken all the fun out of the gardening, AND she's confiscated my flamethrower.

Life's not fair. Anyway, we're not trained/evolved to find cobwebs and dust. Food and dangerous beasties yes, dustbunnies, no.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I like that comment TSb especially as now the Old Girl has suggested that I contact a local gardener to do a tidy up, one who (quote) " has the tools and expertise to get the job done". Well, how emasculating is that?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

TSb, remember that when she calls your performance average she is just being mean.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"when she calls your performance average"
But does she mean Mean , Median or Mode?, or is she just being Mean or even X-bar

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Hey it was just a pun OK? Sheesh!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Oh, puns, we (teachers)don't do puns. We do twisted cynicism, obvious and blatant slurs, idiosyncratic eponyms, and even straight-in-your-face insults. But we don't do puns.

Are we being mean

Anonymous said...

That was a nice trip back to a nearly lost memory!
But where was the bass drum accompanying the snears, and could you really snap a hardened metal sword over your knee? And the way those epalets on his shoulders came off, must have been held by one stitch!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Second, I just borrowed the clip. I didn't make the bloody series.

w.v. (if there was one) would be 'pdantik'