Thursday 13 December 2018

PLAYING THE GAME

I went back to tennis today for the first time in over 2 months since I had my knee surgery.

It was a perfect day for tennis with no wind and cloud that didn't allow sunstrike. It was OK and I soon got my rhythm back bit I could see that most of the other players had improved a bit while I was away.

There's one guy there who fancies himself a bit and who no-one likes to play with. You can see the disappointment on their faces when it's his turn to come on. We have a system where on the two courts we have two separate games going of four players. One game is played after which the server goes off to the sideline and everyone else moves around one spot until they each get to be server. The people on the sideline wait for a server change and, of it's their turn join in on either court at the number four position.

This guy I mentioned is a pushy, bumptious type who likes to win at all costs. He smashes the ball at opponents whether they are close to the net or not and whether they are men or women.
The guy is a dick.



In one match I was near the net when I mishit the ball which drifted up high and slow dropping just in front of this dick.  I was stranded. All he had to do was gently lob it over my head or place it easily either side of me. He chose to drive it right at me.  Hard.


I just managed to flinch and slightly move so that instead of hitting me in the face or the throat the ball hit my shoulder. I threw my hands in the air and asked him what he thought he was doing. I said that it was an unnecessary and stupid stroke. I served next and then left the court. I picked up my phone and car keys and left the tennis club.


If I go back next week I know what I'll do. I will refuse to join a court that this dick is playing on and, if I'm already on a court that he joins I'll stop playing and go to the sideline to await a place on the other court.

I'm not the only person who this dick has hit so with luck some of the others might get the idea and we can boycott him





6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Sounds like a cunt.

This post was brought to you by the word 'bit'.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

What?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I agree with your decision to not play with him.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I soon got my rhythm back bit I could see..."

"I could see that most of the other players had improved a bit while I was away."

There's one guy there who fancies himself a bit..."

* * *
This post was brought to you by the word 'bit'.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Just needs a bit of melody bro.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK - (b)it's a fair cop.