Saturday 8 December 2018

DIZZY

Not Dizzy Gillespie - nice hat though


I went to an appointment at the cardiac centre at the hospital yesterday and they confirmed that I'm in AF which is atrial fibrillation, the main cause of the stroke I had a few weeks back.



It caused a bit of urgent activity which surprised me as I didn't know I was in AF - I'd gone to the appointment just expecting a check-up. Admittedly I had felt a bit dizzy a few days earlier and thought it was just a side effect of the medication I've been taking.



The outcome is that they've increased the medication I'm to take and I'm on a heart measurement holter for a couple of days.



They will analyse the readings to see if the increased medication has reduced the heart irregularity and adjust up or down (most likely up) accordingly.

It's nice to know that our hospital services are on to it.

More power (and funding) to them I say.

6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Yes hospital staff are marvelous.
Love you and will keep you in my prayers.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Keep me in your prayers!

What, like some sort of prisoner or hostage?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Glad things are looking under control.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'd missed this post because I entered The Wine Guy's post via Robert. Just saw it today.
Thinking of and wishing for all the best.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for that.

I had a relapse which means the precursors for the stroke are back - AF.
I have to be monitored by the hospital and hopefully the new medication will help.
I was hoping to get down to Auckland to see Tony before Christmas but this is looking unlikely now.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Fingers crossed that you are well.