Friday 20 November 2020

FRIDAY

 It's a beautiful sunny day up here.

Not this guy

I got up early and loaded a bit more garden rubbish into the trailer which I'm about to take to the dump.



I was all set to go when I realised that it was only 8AM. This would men that I would likely hold up some of the morning speedsters on the way into town and would hit Whangarei's traffic 'gridlock' at the roundabout which can last up to 5 minutes some days!

The car was safely parked on the driveway and no-one had interfered with it - not even the wing mirrors.

Mind you, if that had happened and I was going to write a post on it, I would put the actual image of the car showing proof of the damage and not some random shiny car with intact wing mirrors that I downloaded from the internet!

I loaded the trailer's spare wheel into the back of the car just in case. I haven't used the trailer for a couple of months and don't want to take any chances. The vegetation in the trailer is dense and heavy because it's been sitting in there for a while and we've had a lot of rain up here.

This afternoon I'll be helping my sister clear some bamboo from the property that she has just sold.



This stuff is invasive and, if left alone can grow madly. The Heads has beautiful native trees and shrubs but, some time ago some fuckwits imported exotic plants like convolvulus, ginger plant, jasmine, agapanthus, milkweed, bottlebrush, pampas grass and hundreds of other alien species. What the hell was wrong with the idiots who originally brought these into New Zealand? Didn't they think we had enough lovely trees, plants and flowers? I guess they are like the morons who introduced hares, rabbits, weasels, stoats, opossums, wallabies, deer and many other pests.




8 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"This would men that..."
What does that mean?

Not a happy read really, was it.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"Not a happy read really, was it."

Shouldn't questions end with a question mark?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Not really a question but a statement.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

" ....was it" isn't a statement unless it's the name of some person you were talking to in which case the use of capitals would have been nice (and polite): "Not a happy read really, Was It."

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I detected a cuss!

Richard (of RBB) said...

Fuck the American terminology of 'cuss'. Never use a capital after a comma unless you've just had an accident in your pants.
"I have a funny tummy, Holy Fuck! I've just shifted myself!"

Richard (of RBB) said...

Shifted = shitted. Bloody correction thing!

THE WINE GUY said...

Was It is your imaginary friend. I'm not sure if he/she/it is Cambodian or Saudi Arabian.