Monday 9 November 2020

WHO WAS THAT MASKED MAN?

 


I've been using my face mask when travelling on planes to Wellington and on the buses and trains in Auckland. After the lifting of the Auckland and Wellington restrictions I've noticed that very few others are wearing masks to the point where, on a Wellington bus I was the only one and on a full plane from Auckland to Wellington there were only about a dozen at most wearing masks.

This is ridiculous, injudicious and irresponsible.

The latest outbreak of community infection of COVID-19 shows how important it is that we take precautions regardless of whether  wearing face masks is mandatory or not. One of the latest infected persons is a defence worker who is connected to the isolation process. Even so, this person, when flying on Air New Zealand didn't wear a mask and now there is a scramble to contact people who he might have been in contact with. What an arsehole! He should have known better.

This is exactly the reason that I wear a mask when travelling. You don't know where the person sitting next to you or nearby has been and whether they are infected or not. I'm content to appear silly and to draw funny looks from people while wearing my mask. I really hope that others will wake up soon.



4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good point. Though god could protect you.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Don't hold your breath for that to happen.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm with Richard on this one.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"I'm with Richard on this one."

That waiting for god to protect me is a complete waste of time?

Welcome to the club.*









* The AAC (Atheism Appreciation Club).