Saturday 21 November 2020

SATURDAY

Well it's another beautiful day up here in the sunny and winterless north.

The Pohutukawa trees are in flower already

I've been up since the crack of dawn and have already done the lawns and weeding and it's only 8.35 AM.

The grass 'was as high as an elephant's eye' to borrow from that old song: OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING 

No cursing is needed around here today to Robert's chagrin. He'll have to use his American words on Richard's blog.

Yesterday, after doing the tip run, weeding and helping my sister remove bamboo, I was a bit shattered. I 'hit the wall' in mid afternoon and had a nap. I then had an early night which I guess is why I woke so early. I'm glad that I did though to enjoy the morning. Being coastal, often the best weather is early in the morning before the sea breezes start up.


I may play some golf today but will wait to mid to late afternoon as I suspect that today will be a scorcher. I'm just waiting for the EG battery to charge up so that I can continue doing some trimming at the side of the house. This EG trimmer is a godsend.



It's so easy to use, is powerful and the battery has a long charge in it. My petrol lawnmower won't start so I use the trimmer not only trim the weeds and edges but to mow the entire lawn. That said though, I'm looking forward to this Friday's Black Friday sales so that I hopefully can buy a discounted EGO lawnmower.



They cost $800 so I'm hoping to get one at about $500. 


I hope that you have a good day, keep that cursing to a minimum and don't think that impregnating 12 to 14 year old girls is something holy and to be proud of. If god were alive today then he'd be arrested.

1 comment:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A boring post with a little moral at the end.
Robert will love it!
Personally, I love you Peter for writing a post of such interest and beauty!






not