Saturday 28 November 2020

A DUMMY RUN

 It's Saturday morning and all's well.

The blogs were disappointing this morning. Richard's hasn't been updated and Robert's has.

*************

I've been up for a couple of hours contemplating whether to go for a walk or not - that sounds a bit weird. I haven't been standing at a window looking out and wondering. I've been pottering about doing things like: completing, publishing and sending out the old folks newsletter and updating the old folks blog; having breakfast; setting up the new TV for The Old Girl in the second lounge (she generally doesn't like watching the programmes and films I prefer); doing some more house cleaning (although I told her that I don't know why I bother since she will do everything again when she gets home before Christmas).

**************

It's a bit windy here but, if it drops in the afternoon I'll go out to play some golf. If I pick the steep fairways and do them a couple of times this should serve as a fast walk.  It will be about 3 and a half kilometres - more if I hit the ball erratically.

**************

The All Blacks play Argentina again tonight and I'm debating whether to purchase a SKY FanPass to watch it. This will cost about $20. I guess I will as it would be nice to see the ABs get back on form and maybe the Argies are upset about Maradona passing which will influence how they play.



The public outpouring of grief for Maradona in Argentina and other football nations around the world is amazing. They see him as a national hero almost like a saint and I guess believe that he's gone to heaven (even if he cheated his way in).

****************

That's it for now. It's not much of a post really but - have you checked out the opposition? No need for 'the hand of god' to score against them.

 This post can be a 'place marker' as I'll try and write a proper one later. A dummy run really.



6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"A dummy run really."
A dumb post too.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I take it that represents the best of wit that comes out of Wainuiomata?

I guess it's better than the 50% that comes from Moera.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Ah mista, you're sad! (Wainui talk)

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No wonder they call you guys Wainuiomartians.

Richard (of RBB) said...

That's better than being a Whangarei-uranis!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Whangaraisins
Whangareasons
Whangareasonables
Whangarayguns
Whangaradars
Whangaraynunns
Whangareaders