Monday 16 November 2020

WHAT A DAY THAT WAS ...


 WHAT A DAY THAT WAS - TALKING HEADS


Not Richard The Bass Bagging Curmudgeon's day yesterday, but my day.

The Old Girl, her cousin and I went to Days Bay by ferry yesterday. We looked in the galleries, had lunch and sat on the beach.


It was a nice sunny day and it brought back memories of years ago when now and then dad would drive us to Days Bay for a Sunday picnic.

Williams's Park, the tennis courts and the beach haven't changed much. The ice-cream shop is now a larger cafe but still serves a great selection of ice cream in cones. Magic.

Next month we'll go by ferry to Matiu/Somes Island for a look around. I've warned The Old Girl that it once was a WW1 prisoner of war location and that I'd want to walk about looking for relics. She seemed OK about that but we'll put it to the test later.




5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You call this a post?
I've read junk mail that was more exciting!

THE WINE GUY said...

I don't think that reading Robert' s posts would be that exciting.

Have a Marlborough Chardonnay and loosen up a bit*








*I know it's over your head but 'loosen' was a pun on Loosen' a great German wine producer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Yep, over my head.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I'm so pleased you enjoyed Days Bay.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Long time, no post.