Monday 8 February 2021

HOLIDAY MONDAY

 This morning I took a chainsaw to a 400 year old pohutukawa tree, burnt a pile of truck tyres, poured unwanted paint, engine oil and weed killer down the drain that runs to the sea, shot a few seagulls and rare birds, set a net in the harbour to trap the dolphins and a few other random acts of environmental terrorism. This should be enough to set Robert off again.




*************************


Our visitors left for home this morning taking the bulk of The Old Girl's aunt's ashes with them. We had a nice weekend and maybe will catch up with them in Napier in a few months time.

We had brunch with my sister and family at their holiday house a few bays away from ours. My sister and husband, three nieces and partners, two babies, two other people, two dogs, a cat and The Old Girl and me. My sister always hosts large gatherings!

Today will be a quiet day for both of us. We gave the chardonnay and Primitivo a bit of a bash the last two nights so rest and hydration are on the menu.

Richard will be in a garden somewhere and Robert will be thinking up (more) snide comments in defence of my criticism of one or more of his recent blogs.


Here's one of them:

"Four proofs.. cosmological, teleological, moral and historical.

The foetus has the potential to be a rational being.

Marriage is sacred and should be performed in a Christian church.

Only by worshipping God will we encounter the beatific vision. Jesus freely gives Himself whether in the Sacrament or not."


Good luck with that. 

6 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Pleased you had a quiet day. How's your practice going?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

"Robert will be thinking up (more) snide comments in defence of my criticism of one or more of his recent blogs".

Should read "Robert will be explaining more truths to deny my biased criticisms of everything he publishes on his blog".

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, no, I'm happy with what I said.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Defiance.

Richard (of RBB) said...

John the giant giraffe loves you Peter.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I'd get a toxicology report done on those mushrooms you ate for lunch if I were you.