Monday 15 February 2021

"BLOW WINDS AND CRACK YOUR ......" you know the rest.

Four seasons in one day
Lying in the depths of your imagination
Worlds above and worlds below
The sun shines on the black clouds hanging over the domain

Here we go again.

This week started out as a doozy. We've had the worst storm for a while which blew up during the night and is still raging now. It's been one of those where you wouldn't be surprised to hear a neighbour's roof being torn off. I still remember that awful sound from over 10 years ago. HUFF AND PUFF

I keep checking for fallen trees, beached boats and debris. I found a couple of kayak paddles washed up on the little beach in front of our house. No sign of a kayak or paddlers though. I feel sorry for the rubbish collectors, firemen and others having to be out in this. During the night the fire station siren went off signifying a car off the road maybe.



Added to that, this week we are in lockdown again - level 3 for Auckland and level 2 for the rest of us.
Already the full day Civil Defence training course I was booked for on Wednesday has been cancelled. This was a Mental Health 101 workshop designed to teach frontline staff how best, in emergencies, to deal with people under stress and people with mental health issues. It would have been useful and I hope that they reschedule ot at a time that I can attend.

On Thursday we head away to Stewart Island for a week. As we fly to Auckland to connect with our Invercargill flight I'm hoping that there will be no disruptions to the Air NZ flights.

I'm going to stay indoors today.

13 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

You could probably fill in some time proofreading this.
"It would have been useful and I hope that they reschedule ot at a time that I can attend."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I blame the bad weather (and the fact that I've been kicked out of the study and have to type on the laptop computer).

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Car maintenance? I haven't got time!"
Is Bob trying to tell you something?

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

I hope you will have pictures of Stewart Island. I believe it is an interesting part of our heritage.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Hopefully yes Robert, if the weather is good. It certainly can't be worse than we're experiencing in Northland.

I think that Richard has wandered off topic there. He's probably distracted by hiding all of the good wine before his future son-in-aw call around.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Calls around.

I'll get rid of that cheap Hawkes Bay stuff on him.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And any chilled red wine.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I think they'll get married in a catholic church.






NOT!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for the correction but son-in-aw(e) should pander to your ego.

Yes, I did mean calls around..

I agree with you about that Catholic Church thing. Maybe you could convince Stephanie to have a pagan ceremony with dress code devils and anti- Christ. Make sure to invite Robert.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Silly man, there is no anti Christ, just a selfish angel that wants to take all humanity to a place where there is no God!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

"there is no anti Christ, just a selfish angel that wants to take all humanity to a place where there is no God!"

Have you ever thought about writing fairy tales?
Oh wait ..... you do, it's called Medievil Brother Rob's blog.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Silly man, there is no anti Christ, just a selfish angel that wants to take all humanity to a place where there is no God!"
And god lets this happen? Didn't he make the bloody angel in the first place? He must have seen that coming - silly bugger went ahead anyway.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

He's a sometimes seeing, occasionally knowing god that one.