Tuesday 2 February 2021

NIGHT GOLFING

 You've heard of night swimming, nightclubbing, night shift and other 'nights' and I know that you like it when I give you the music links to these:

NIGHT SWIMMING - REM

NIGHTCLUBBING - GRACE JONES

NIGHTSHIFT - THE COMMODORES

All good songs I'm sure you will agree but I haven't found a song titled 'Night Golfing'. Funny that.

I went to the golf club at midnight last night. The almost full 'Wolf' moon and clear sky meant that I could have played a few holes, and I did have the golf clubs in the car but chose not to.


The reason that I went to the golf club at midnight was because, as I was about to go to bed I couldn't find my phone. I looked everywhere for it and The Old Girl, who I'd woken by this time rang the phone several times from her cellphone. I listened in the house and outside by the car and heard nothing.

I backtracked my activity during the day and tried to remember when I had last used the phone. I had it with me when I played golf in the late afternoon ....... that was it. After playing I had sat down on a picnic bench outside the club and got things out of the golf bag. Water bottle, keys, wallet and phone. I gathered these up and loaded the car with the golf clubs and drove home. I must have left the phone on the bench - either that or put it on top of the car as I unlocked it (I've done that before).

I said to The Old Girl that I'd go to the club the next morning but she wisely suggested that I drive there then and now in case it rained overnight or an early golfer found it and kept it. She suggested this but declined to go with me.

I drove to the club and parked in the empty car park with the headlights shining along the side of the clubhouse to the seating area. I went to the bench and at first saw nothing on the table top but after a hunt around found the phone on the seat. What a relief. I headed home smartly before some local reported a strange person walking around the clubhouse, acting suspiciously.

Job done but I wish there was a song about it.


4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

He lost a thing redundant
But soul was much distressed
No sleep, no peace, it's funded
Must find or get no rest.

In jamas glad he drove o'r crest
And jumped out glad, good news not bad;
The phone was on the seat where left
Relieved he was not a Christian mad.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yes, well, we'll let you know William.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Night golfing, night golfing
It’s the new thing to see
Night golfing, night golfing
Invented last night by me

You don’t see people. No other people
It’s there just for you and me
Free parking, easy parking
Just drive right up to the tee

Night golfing, night golfing
You’d better watch your ball
Night golfing, night golfing
Be careful of a fall

Isn’t it great? I bet you can’t wait.
To come along and see
Bring a mate, no matter if you’re late
It’s after hours you see

Night golfing, night golfing
Come along it’s free
Night golfing, night golfing
The club’s closed so there’s no fee.

(To the music of Grace Jones' Nightclubbing.)

Richard (of RBB) said...

You guys need to write letters to Sally Oldkunt.