Friday 25 June 2021

WHAT (THE HELL DO) WOMEN WANT?

WHADDAYA WANT? 

A few months ago The Old Girl said that she wanted an oblong plastic 'bowl' to go in the kitchen sink for washing small amounts of dishes without using too much water as filling the sink was inefficient.


When I was next in Mitre 10 I found, what I thought was, the ideal 'bowl' and presented it to her with a flourish.


"What were you thinking?" she asked me as she relegated the 'bowl' to the laundry.

"That's no improvement at all."

A month later, when I was in town I called in to Para Rubber to find a more suitable 'bowl'. Unfortunately I'd forgotten to measure the sink and the white 'bowl' but bought what I thought was a much smaller 'bowl'.


It's only slightly smaller than the white one but at least fits into the sink better.

"What were you thinking?"... etc said The Old Girl.

 We've been using this for the last month or so but every now and then I get the odd 'dig' from her.

Today, when in town I went to Para Rubber again and looked for an even smaller 'bowl'. There were no square or oblong ones though so I bought a bowl-shaped one. When I got home I called out to The Old Girl that I'd bought her a treat.


"That's perfect - at long last" she said "although I'd hardly call it a treat."

Women!


It's hard buying things for women as every man who has ever lived will attest to.

Men are supposed to be mind readers when it comes to deciding on a gift to surprise their partners with. Generally the surprise isn't what is wanted. It's much safer to remember (or write down) the things that their partner shows interest in when out and about and, even months later, buy this and present it for birthdays, Christmas or anniversaries. This thoughtfulness is generally and genuinely appreciated.

Weekly shopping can become a nightmare if (usually a last minute addition to the list) a personal item is required. Things like hand cream, shampoo, soaps or all of the weird and wonderful things that women always seem to want can cause an enormous amount of stress for a man. I wrote a post about this a couple of years ago: UNDER PRESSURE


**************


Anyway - I read this today: MAN DIDN'T KNOW THAT WOMEN EXIST

It's an interesting story and it reminded me of Richard and my limited success with women when we were younger. They might as well not have existed in reality.

The lack of social skills has been one of the bigger hurdles to overcome for Lang. ‘More surprising still is that today, despite being able to distinguish between men and women, he still doesn’t know the essential difference between them,’ .


"Well, good luck with that" I thought as I read the article. 

6 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Completely agree and lays the lie to the idea that a man can be a woman if he feels like one.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mmm - I'm not sure what you're agreeing on there Robert.
Mind you the whole comment doesn't make a lot of sense.

Richard (of RBB) said...

You've got Robert all confused. Probably doesn't pay to mention women.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I'm really pleased that the small washing up thing is fixed though. I have been worrying about that.














NOT

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Those 'NOT' jokes are still popular in Wainuiomata I see.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Mind you, so are tiger slippers, Chardon and dinner at the RSA - probably.