Monday 21 June 2021

DOING IT

 Up here we don't hide in cars or skulk about in warm classrooms when there are things to be done like the namby-pampby Huttvalleyites do. We just do it!*

In between showers this morning I loaded up the trailer with the flax and other cuttings from the front section.




Two and a half hours of cutting, digging and pulling on Friday resulted in a big mound of rubbish. This got wet over the weekend and, with further rain forecast this week I thought I'd get rid of it before it got too heavy. As it was it was a bit of a strain on the trailer and car as this matted debris has a lot of weight in it even when dry.

The bits I cut out here, even though it took ages and filled the trailer has hardly scratched the surface of what needs to be done.


I'll leave a row of flax at the top closest to the deck and some strategically placed clusters to secure the bank but will gradually clear the rest closest to the road and replant with some more attractive native bushes.

I figure that I'll have to take another four or five trailer-loads to the tip.


Heigh ho!



* Thanks Nike.

3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Not that interesting. About as interesting as trying to read toilet paper.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Before or after you used it and chucked it over your neighbour's fence?

Richard (of RBB) said...

You got me back well there.