Sunday 25 July 2021

BEING A FUDDY DUDDY

 I'm watching Olympic events on both the TV and on the computer. I bought a Sky Pass ($25) for access.

While waiting for events featuring New Zealanders and some of the major events I watch bits and pieces of other 'sports'.

Archery is interesting. I'd never watched it before. Surfing is OK as are some of the gymnastic events.

Skateboarding though is the stupidest sport I've seen. The venue is set up like an urban landscape with steps, walkways, handrails and balustrades. The boarders leap over things, go down steps and slide along the balustrades.

What the fuck!

This is an official Olympics venue

This is what the stupid scrotes do in public places around town, annoying and interfering with the public. I'm forever remonstrating with inconsiderate arsehoes around libraraies and shops. See HERE


What's next in the olympics? Graffitiing? Public urination? Mugging old ladies? Bicycle stealing?

Look, I know that I sound like an old fuddy duddy but setting up a skateboarding venue like they have done legitimises the annoying and anti-social behaviour of boarders in urban environments. I've got no problem with a venue having challenges - jumps etc, but creating them as if it is the front steps of a public building is just plain stupid.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Totally agree. I only watch women's beach volleyball.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Actually I read an interesting article that suggested the Olympics are obsolete. All the successful sports now have their own world title events. How much time do people spend watching shooting events or shotput or darts or whatever? I tend to agree. I mean, you might as well have jazz in the Olympics.

We're heading back to the ferry tomorrow. Then I need to make a decision about Richard's Bass Bag.*
Are readers allowed to censor my posts?
Surely, if you felt strongly about the content of a blog, you wouldn't read it.
Ah well, just enjoying a Hawkes Bay chardy and off to a jazz concert this evening. Wellington guys playing in Nelson.
Ciao.



* the original bass bagging site





THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK but don't do anything silly.
you've deleted your blog twice before and it's a shame.
Ignore the 'nay-sayers' and carry on (I'm sure that there's a nice cartoon about that on the web).

Enjoy the concert - I'm jealous. I'm watching the Tiddlywinks semi-final on the Olympics tonight.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Are there young ladies in skimpy costumes playing tiddlywinks?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, not on the Olympics but I suggest you try the internet www.tiddlywanks.com.