Wednesday 21 July 2021

COLD COLD COLD

 

COLD COLD COLD - LITTLE FEAT


We awoke to a cold morning. It's raining, grey and dreary so today will be an indoors day. I might even light the fire later. It's a reminder that even though the shortest day has passed we are still in the grips of winter. Sometimes we get the coldest weather in August!

August will soon be here. We are going to have a lot of family staying with us and at my sister's holiday place nearby. She's hosting a 30th birthday party for her second oldest daughter on 7th August. My birthday is on the 8th and my sister's on 24th July so it will be a triple birthday party. Should be fun.

I might get up in the attic again today to finish installing the duckboards. I also have to take down the three Arlo security cameras, charge them up and do a 'factory reset' as a couple aren't recording properly. Little bastards. The problem with modern technology is just that. It's modern technology so something always goes wrong with it or it just decides to reset itself. We need a kid on hand to sort out these, the phones, computers, smart TVs etc. Does anyone have one or two going spare? I could also send the little scamps up into the attic to install the duckboards and don't get me started about the chimneys.


Anyway, how's your day going? 

I've taken some lamb mince out of the freezer and am going to make a shepherd's pie-type dish for tea being mince with sliced potatoes on top baked in the oven. Just the thing for a cold and rainy day.




3 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Shepherd's pie. The sheep fear the wolf but the shepherd eats them in the end.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thanks for that. It's only the twenty-seventh time that you've said that but thanks anyway.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Glad I could help.