Wednesday 7 July 2021

WOOHOO!

The Old Girl has gone to Auckland for the rest of the week and will be back on the weekend.


 This means that I can do whatever I like for the next few days. I can:

  • Take over the study again which will make blogging easier.
  • Leave the radio in the kitchen on, loud enough to hear The National programme from most parts of the house.
  • Play my 'old 60s' music up loud.
  • Eat all of the forbidden things.
  • Drink more than I should.
  • Do some house repair work using The Old Girl's tool kit.
Just, as I said, do whatever I like for the next few days.

The problem is though, as I discovered at lunch time, she has  driven to Auckland and I don't have a car. We live in a fairly isolated area and it's a bit of a drive to the shops. My bike's tyres are flat and I don't have a bicycle pump. The cream filled apple pastie from the bakery I had in my mind is becoming a dim memory. The fridge and pantry are well stocked - with healthy foods. Bummer!

I won't be able to play tennis or golf or go to town to browse the op-shops.


BOOHOO!







**UPDATE**

It's raining today so I'm staying indoors. Seeing I'm on my own I can indulge in a guilty pleasure - not that! I found a Bruce Willis film on NEON - HARD KILL and I'll watch that this afternoon. Richard will approve.


**AN UPDATE ON THE UPDATE**

I watched HARD KILL for about 10 minutes and decided it's yet another crappy American bullshit action film. Poorly written, directed and acted. I'll leave it to Richard. I'll watch some moe episodes of the excellent BREEDERS UK comedy.

9 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I'll watch some moe episodes of the excellent BREEDERS UK comedy."

You could practise proofreading.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

My brain had been polluted by the dire dialogue in the Bruce Willis film.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Look cheer up. Soon you'll know what Robert is having for dinner.

Richard (of RBB) said...

No KFC for you tonight though - no car!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, no KFC - AND YOU KNOW, BECAUSE I'VE TOLD YOU, I WOULD NEVER EAT THAT SHIT!

OK, my dinner is schnitzel, roast pumpkin, roasted kumara and roast potatoes.

I can't wait to hear what Robert is eating though. Roast peacock maybe or sautéed lark's tongues.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Did you really fry up some crumbed beef schnitzel then ROAST the vegetables. Why not just boil the veges and mash them?

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The schnitzel I make is to use an 'eye' of eye fillet steak and slice it thinly.
I coat in flour and herbs, then beaten egg and then breadcrumbs. This generally provides three small pieces.
As the meat is very tender and the slices thin, it only requires flash sautéing - a matter of minutes only.

The roasted vegetables are very nice - much nicer than boiled and mashed. I parboil the potato and kumara and toss those and the pumpkin pieces in a very small amount of herb flavoured oil before roasting. The result is low fat and delicious.

Thanks for asking.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

The meal I made was bloody lovely and no takeaway stores were involved. I used top grade ingredients and yet, I figure that the entire cost of the meal was less than $7.

The wine I had with it - the chardonnay and a glass of pinot noir might have been a bit more but hey! It was natural.

Richard (of RBB) said...

But KFC when the car comes back?