Thursday 29 July 2021

WOOHOO! *

 * Yes, I know that I've used this post title before as the more observant and technologically savvy readers will have noticed, given that The Curmudgeons Inc.ⓒ employs a clever search mechanism in the layout of their blogs but this song has been in my head most of the day: WAHOO - BLUR **

** Yes, I know the song title is 'Wahoo' or 'Song 2' not 'Woohoo' but I wish that you wouldn't be so bloody pedantic.


Today I drafted a long post titled 'THAT WAS THEN - THIS IS NOW'. I think that it's quite good but decided not to publish it - yet.
It started like this:
"We all change in our lifetimes. Physical changes and ageing is obvious as is our change in knowledge and awareness but more subtle perhaps are our changes in preferences."

The post covers my early, middle and later years and touches on the things I've ascribed to, thought, believed or followed at some time and how now I hardly give them a second thought. The draft isn't as long as anything that Marcel Proust wrote, not even his shopping lists but I discovered that for us mere mortals we can go on a bit when thinking about our lives.

Which gives me an opportunity to segue into this wonderful song I listened to a lot when at university.

MAN OF THE WORLD - FLEETWOOD MAC

Anyway, moving on.

I parked the 'THAT WAS THEN - THIS IS NOW' post because it was tea-time and I was watching the Olympics (that gutsy BMX rider  Rebecca Petch is an amazing athlete). My dinner tonight was the second half of the meal I cooked last night - Thai Green Curry Chicken with Basil. 'GAENG KHIAO WAN GAI' or เขียวหวานไก่ in Thai.

The Old Girl is in Auckland so when I cooked this last night I took a bit of licence and added a few extra things that she frowns on - spring onion, green beans, sliced carrot and extra sliced chillis. I also, for the first time in addition to topping the dish with fresh basil, added during cooking, a big dollop of pesto  which is largely crushed basil with pine-nuts, garlic and cheese. The result was stunning and is the best เขียวหวานไก่ , sorry, GAENG KHIAO WAN GAI, sorry, Thai Green Curry Chicken with Basil that I've ever made. Tonight I simply cooked some more rice and reheated the dish from last night. WOOHOO!




The women's sevens rugby is on later. I'm saving a glass of pinot noir to drink while watching that.


How's your evening going?


4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Just go easy on the chilled red wine.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Lynn gets back today. My 'holiday' is over.

Richard (of RBB) said...

I hope the toilet is clean.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yep. I've been house cleaning this morning.