Monday 19 July 2021

TIME FOR A ROUND UP*

 * Not this.



I actually use Glyphosate which I buy in large containers at Mitre 10. The concentrate calls for a100:1 mix as it's so strong, It will be banned in New Zealand soon.

Glyphosate is being banned because of its potential link to cancer in humans, as well as potentially causing the death of important insects, such as bees. Biologists have sounded the alarm over the serious decline in insect populations that affect species diversity.


But I digress.

Up north here in Whangarei w've been battered (a favourite fish, sausage, pineapple or saveloy treat of Robert's) by storms and have been locked-down inside for a few days.



Today is fine though so I won't have much of an excuse to skulk around inside. I'll have to make myself useful in the garden, shed or underneath the house. I might also make myself useful at the top of the house, in the attic which has the advantage of being dry (if it rains) and I can  skulk around out of sight of The Old Girl.

I want to check out the far reaches of the attic where I haven't been before. I've heard some bird activity in the north east corner of the hose and need to check out whether any have got in and are building nests. It's too high and too steep to check this from the roof outside.

Old photo of when we were replacing sone weatherboards.

In the attic there are joists suitable to take my weight but as we have insulation in between and over the joists its hard to see where it's safe to walk. The ceilings are 14 ft high so it's a long fall if I went through. I don't want to create a floor over the whole area though as this will compress the insulation which reduces its effectiveness. I need to create a 'duckwalk' about 18 inches wide that I can crawl along. Unfortunately I don't haven't any suitable timber for this so will have to take a trip into town with the trailer.

How's your day going?



 

4 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Good to see you getting mileage out of that 'battered' joke.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

There, there. Tempura, tempura.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It might be the holy seagull! Or a port hole to hell.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Yeah I wouldn't put it past the devious feathered bastard.
Satan wouldn't bother as he/she/it knows I'm going to hell later anyway (according to the silly catholic church).