Thursday 29 February 2024

ON RUDENESS

As a curmudgeon I get accused of rudeness from time to time.

I don't accept this though as I'm not a rude person. I'm actually quite shy and sensitive - ask Mike at the tennis club. I do dislike stupidity though. And arrogance. You might as well add in ignorance, hubris, narcissism, pushiness, bullying, greed, pretentiousness, prissiness and self-importance to the list of my dislikes as well. Actually I dislike quite a few things but ... I'm still not rude. I'm shy and sensitive.

In Richard's recent post he recounted his experience at a group holiday gathering where he was given the (probably thankless) duty of playing background music on his violin while the others in the group were preparing or waiting for dinner.


Now I dislike a lot of things as I said above and maybe this includes Bossa Nova but I would never be so rude as that fucker who plugged his phone into Richard's amp to play some bloody Neil Diamond music. What was the song? Probably 'I AM... I SAID' going by his arrogance.

I guess that Richard did the right thing in the situation by quietly obliging and packing his stuff up. It would have made for an uncomfortable dinner if he'd told the fucker to fucking well fuck off. I hope that he slipped a bogey or something into his pudding when he wasn't watching.

I might think about the examples of rudeness that I've encountered. This, if you're lucky could become a new series.






 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you and cannot imagine how anyone could consider you rude.
Go well my friend.

Anonymous said...

See, it's an easy way to get comments.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts, old timer.

Richard (of RBB) said...

And, yes, I agree with the first comment.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

Oh dear, my comment on the previous post seems rude now. I wish I had read them from newest to last!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

That's what Confession is for.
Don't forget to go before receiving Communion or ... well, you know the repercussions.