Friday 16 February 2024

I FEEL LIKE LORD MUCK

 My new boots arrived in the post today


I bought them from Swanndri in the Muck Boots clearance sale. They cost $99 down from $245. I'm happy - what do you think?



The tags on them say that they are suitable for 'snowmobiling'.

It's better to be prepared with the diverse weather we have been getting - this time last year Cyclone Gabriel devastated Northland and other parts of the country. Maybe we'll get snowstorms soon.

Living in a coastal environment, having good water or wet weather gear is important. An interesting side-advantage though will be in having better access to the streams, lagoons and ponds on the golf course. Those elusive golf balls won't stand a chance.

It's fortunate that The Old Girl is still away (back on Tuesday). I was worried that they would arrive after she got home and she'd spot the courier post van driving up to the back of the house. 

"What are you going to do with those Matey?" she'd ask and I'd have to invent a whole lot of excuses, none being plausible. Now I just have to find a hiding place for them. Under the house in the basement I think - she never goes in there.

There's only one downside I've discovered so far. They are damned  difficult to take off. I need a valet or an equerry to assist me but doubt that I'll be getting one of those.









5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

Robert's God! You look soooooooooo cool!

Don't tell me about the grammar mistake, worry more about getting your boots off, boot boy.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Thank you.
Do you think I should dress in my new boots when I go: shopping; to golf; to tennis; to the club; to meet Lynn at the airport on Tuesday? ..... ooo ... no, maybe not that.

Richard (of RBB) said...

Lynn would love to see you in them! Do it! She will be very impressed!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Niccolò Machiavelli could have learned much (not Muck) from you.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

They'd look good with your kilt and bagpipes.