Wednesday 7 February 2024

ON THE BUSES

 

I didn't see these jokers thank Robert's god.


Yesterday we did a 10km walk around Wellington waterfront and streets, enjoying the day and visiting galleries. It was tiring but very pleasant especially when ending up with a glass of Champagne each at Champagneria in Courtenay Place. Taittinger Rose for her and Pol Roger for me.Yummy.

Today I took a bus to Island Bay where I had a coffee and then another bus to Brooklyn. Both were new electric double-deckers and I sat up the front on the top deck which provided great views.


At Island Bay I sat looking at the bay and the southern end of the harbour while waiting for the next bus. Wellington landscape is really beautiful and I miss living here.



The bus from Island Bay to Brooklyn went around the bay to Owhiro Bay and then up Happy Valley Road which becomes Owhiro Bay Road. I was pleased at this as, on Sunday, Richard's Bass Bag Tours was unfortunately remiss at covering this part of Wellington even though I, from the back seat requested it. My request which went unheeded was because my Uncle Vince and family used to live on Happy Valley road down towards Owhiro Bay. Today I was able to view their old property from the height and comfort of the double decker.



On the way to Brooklyn the bus took in part of Kingston which was exciting because back in 1968 two of my aunts - Bridie and Pauline and their families each had new-build houses in Kingston that were a couple of streets apart and had only recently moved in before the Wahine Storm severely damaged the houses by ripping the roofs off. I believe that this makes for an interesting tour highlight* and was more than happy to be taken past there.

At Brooklyn I left the bus and walked back home to Ghuznee street via Central Park.

It's been a good day.








* For a reasonable consideration I can research and write stories and identify places of interest for Richard's (new) Bass Bag Tours.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

A popular post so far!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

You recycle that comment so much you must have it on speed dial.