Wednesday 28 February 2024

FIVE FOR FIFTEEN*

It seems that the exciting  Bassic Instinct post was too exciting for some of the readers so I'd better tone things down a bit with this post.


"I couldn't sleep - my heart was racing after reading your post."

Richard (of RBB).


"I had to pray to Luz de Maria to settle down after that."

- Robert ka kite i nga mea i te rangi


* Not one of my bowling performances from my cricket glory days.

Today I played golf - the first time for a long while. I went out at 11.30 thinking that it would be too hot later. As it turned out it was too hot at midday so I only played 5 holes. I did however find 15 golf balls in the copse of trees by the creek at the back of the 5th hole. 



The big hitters on the tee of the 6th hole, when they slice the ball tend to hit it into these trees. Often they don't bother or don't have time to look for the ball. One guy must have been having a bad day as I found two Optima balls that looked brand new-just out of the box, They were about 20 metres apart and it looked like the hitter had taken another shot after losing the first ball and getting the same bad result. Bad for him - good for me which I think George Orwell might have said.




"I wish that I'd said that".

I headed home and ermt for a swim before having a late lunch - butter chicken pie bought from the bakery. This cooled me down (the swim not the pie) and I've been having a relaxing afternoon reading.


Dinner for me this evening will be linguine with pesto and pine nuts.

5 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"I headed home and ermt for a swim before having a late lunch. There wasn't time to proofread this post."

THE CURMUDGEON said...

No, we ermt when we go swimming up here. It's a bit more wild than those wimpy Wellington beaches.

Endurance Respiratory Muscle Training (swimming).

Richard (of RBB) said...

No you don't!

THE CURMUDGEON said...

OK, rumbled. I just went for what I call a swim and Lynn describes as wallowing.

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

At least you can not laugh at my posts after this beauty.