Friday 9 February 2024

AN ACHIEVEMENT TO BE PROUD OF

 I have a few caps and hats with feathers in them.


I didn't earn the feathers - I found them.

I'm on the lookout for interesting feathers when on my walks but to date haven't found a kereru one or (I wish) a tui one.


I like the multi-coloured iridescent sheen of them. They are beautiful.


Anyway, as I said, I have some hats with feathers in them.

Recently I've watched films and TV series set in the modern northwest of USA - Wyoming, Idaho, Montana etc. and American Indians feature a lot.

Many of them have 'native' names which I guess they keep as a form of identity. I quite like it. The names are like: Johnny Afraid-Of-Bear; Bill Running-About-In-Woods; Sam Has-Two-Horses; Jessica Little-Deer etc.

Maybe, seeing that I have feathers in my hats I could adopt  a 'native' name to go with them.

Maybe: Peter Likes-Nice-Wines or Peter The-Moaner. What do you think?

Richard could be Richard Makes-Lots-Of-Noise and Robert could be Robert Sees-Things-in-Skies.

Am I one to something here?




4 comments:

Robert Sees Things in Sky said...

It'll never catch on.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Well, going by your new title I think that it already has.

Richard (of RBB) said...

"Am I one to something here?"
Yes. Peter who never proofreads.

THE CURMUDGEON said...

Peter Who-Never-Proofreads.