Thursday 27 October 2011

FUNNY THINGS ......

........................ we accumulate.
I'm packing up a few things that we need to take to Auckland, not much as we fully intend to leave our Northland house fully equipped and will try to live minimally in Auckland during the week.
In the bathroom, while putting things in a travel bag I stopped to look at this:




It is our toothbrush holder and is a ceramic modelled on the torso of a voluptuous woman wearing a rather risqué something or other (I don't go much in for sexy lingerie - I prefer my women naked).
I looked at it for a while as if seeing it for the first time. It seems to have always been there and I have taken it for granted, putting it in the dishwasher when needed and twice or three times a day sticking my toothbrush in it (steady - ed.). Looking at the base I now notice that is named "The Cozzie" and is signed by Freya Posey and has an Australian stamp on it. A quick search on the internet was not enlightening (one must be careful when typing in voluptuous woman's torso in lingerie as the results can be quite an eyeful) so I cast my mind back and I think that we bought it in an arts and craft store in Newtown, Sydney many years ago. I'll have to ask The Old Girl as she has a much better memory than I have.

2 comments:

Richard (of RBB) said...

"sticking my toothbrush in it"
Yes, careful there, old boy.

So, you prefer your women naked. I'm guessing, and only guessing here, that they prefer you clothed.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Amazing.
if I even attempted to buy something like that my belovedw ould probably shove it up my arse